Au Pair In Belgium
Get to know picturesque towns, the home of waffles, chocolates and three languages.
Au Pair in Belgium for 12 months and while learning a new culture, learn a new language - Dutch or French. Work for 20 hours a week and earn Euros! Accommodation, food and health insurance is included in exchange for childcare and light household chores.
If you would like to experience Belgium first-hand, becoming an au pair could be the ideal opportunity for you to gain a unique insight into the country’s diverse and rich heritage while staying in the home of a Belgian host family.
Host families in Belgium supply the au pair with accommodation, food, pocket money and medical insurance, in return for childcare and light house- hold chores. Belgian families are looking for a meaningful cultural exchange for both the children, host parents and au pair.
An au pair in Belgium work 20 hours per week, with at least 1 day off weekly, and one full free weekend off per month. Hours will be scheduled according to host family’s requirements and may vary flexibly but shall not exceed 4 hours daily. Au pairs in Belgium receive 450EURO pocket money per month.
You get to learn French, German and or Dutch throughout your program year plus you can travel all over Europe during your off times. OVC work with the best partners in Belgium that has over 12 years of in-country experience, place au pairs successfully and support both au pairs and host families and also screen host families carefully to ensure that program rules are followed at all times by both parties.
Independent, mature and culturally curious
Male and Females
18 - 25 years old (you need to apply for your visa before you turn 26)
Matric or equal studies
Single with no dependents
Willing and able to stay for 12 months
Willing to attend a language course all year round
Have Childcare experience and a passion for children
Fit and healthy
Be able to ride a bike, swim and cook
Drivers License is a BONUS
* Only vaccinated travellers will be allowed to apply for a visa to partake in the Au Pair program as per the Belgium Government requirements on travellers entering Belgium. (Recognised Vaccines: Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson) - BOOSTERS is required if last vaccination dose has been more than 270 days ago
* Currently no requirements in terms of boosters needed however do know that rules and regulations can change at last minute
Placement and Departures all year round. You need to apply at least 3-4 months prior your planned departure timeline.
Your host family will apply for your work permit in Belgium, when this is granted you will apply for your Au Pair visa at the Belgian Embassy in SA. The visa application process will be handled through TLSContact Centre in JNB or Cape Town and your OVC Consultant will guide you in the process and make sure you have all required documentation.
|Other fees||See more info below|
|Visa fees||180 Euros + 27.50 Euros TLS service fee|
|Recommended Spending Money||350 Euros|
- Contact your local OVC office for more information.
- Complete the OVC registration link as sent by your OVC Office.
- Pay your application fee.
- Receive your application forms, once completed return them to your OVC consultant.
- Your consultant will interview you in person, submit your application forms to our partners who will review your application.
- Once accepted, they will start to look for your perfect host family.
- Once you are placed, your program fee will be due.
- Your OVC consultant will assist you with your visa application, final briefing and prepare you for your departure.
ADDITIONAL COSTS TO YOU
- Doctors visit - only once matched will you need to see a Belgian Embassy approved Doctor.
- Police Clearance. (SAPS) plus Apostille process through DIRCO.
- International Driver’s License
- COVID PCR test x1 prior departure from South Africa (if required) and your OVC consultant will advise on departure regulations.
- Language Course fees in Belgium - prices differ from area to area but budget for 75-120 Euros per semester.