Have you worked in the USA? Claim your tax back!

Many people get swept away living the “American dream”, but it’s important to remember that you have tax obligations. If you’re working in the US, you will pay tax on your earnings. The good news is that in most cases Taxback.com will be able to apply for a tax refund for you to get some of this back.

What taxes do you pay in the United States?

Federal Tax 
Everyone working in the US pays federal income tax on their earnings, which is usually about 10% of the income received.
State Tax
The rate of state tax you pay depends on which state you work in, but generally it ranges between 1 - 13%. Each state has its own income tax system which can be quite different from the federal system.
FICA tax (Social security and Medicare contributions)
If you are on an F-1 or J-1 student visa, you are typically exempt from paying FICA taxes and they should not be deducted from your income. If they are, you are entitled to claim them back.

How can you get the taxes you overpaid back?


With Taxback.com you can claim your US tax refund by following a few quick and easy steps:


  • Download and fill out a US tax pack
  • Send us copies of your W2 (official form from your employer), Social Security Card and visa
  • We’ll prepare your tax return and submit it to the IRS
  • You receive your tax refund!


The average US tax refund for Taxback.com customers is $800. Use the FREE tax refund calculator to check how much you might be owed.


Have you worked anywhere else?


You may have worked in another country. If so, you could be due a tax refund from there too. Taxback.com also provides tax refunds from the United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Austria, Japan and Luxembourg. Check out the website for more info.




Hi 👋! Please fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.

Click on a consultant to WhatsApp chat with them.