Teaching jobs in Thailand are becoming a great opportunity for those who want to stay in Thailand for a longer period, for those who want to learn and experience the Thai way of life by teaching in Thai schools across the country. They can also use this opportunity to save up some money and travel around on their vacations. Status : Program Open - Age 20 to 55 years Positions all year round You will be able to enter Cambodia with a Visa on Arrival (VOA). You can request either a tourist visa (US$30) or a business visa (US$35). Spending money:
Teach Thailand - Direct Placement
Vaccination Required: Yes
PCR Required to Enter: No
ABOUT SIEM REAP, CAMBODIA - Angkor Wat, a symbol on the Cambodian flag, is one of the most amazing attractions in South East Asia, and is only five kilometres from Siem Reap – home to our TEFL training centre.
Siem Reap, just south of Angkor Wat, has blossomed from a relatively small backwater town into the fastest growing area in Cambodia. It’s now seen as a “smart city” with dedicated bicycle lanes and footpaths. Siem Reap is a foodie haven, from local Khmer food to Western delights, you’ll find endless options. The city also offers plenty of ‘non-ruin’ things to do and see.
This is an amazing opportunity for a young and energetic applicant to gain an internationally accredited and recognised TEFL/TESOL qualification in 4 weeks and then start working as a teacher. Job placement assistance is guaranteed if you successfully complete your TEFL qualification.
Did you know? - Cambodia is the ONLY country in Southeast Asia where you can legally work as a teacher without a degree? Both degreed and non-degreed applicants will be accepted if they meet the min eligibility criteria.
Already TEFL Certified? You might qualify for the Fast-Track Job Preparation and Placement programme.
You’ll complete your ESL (English Second Language) teacher training in the culture-rich Siem Reap, in Cambodia.
Why do your TEFL in Cambodia?
• Our TEFL course in Siem Reap, Cambodia exceeds all international criteria, with emphasis placed on practical teaching experience. Our directors and trainers have 50 + years of combined experience in both TEFL as well as gap year programmes.
• Our course trainers in Cambodia are highly qualified.
• All of the learning at our training centre in Siem Reap is done hands-on through games and interactive activities. You will never just be lectured to, but will always be involved in every lesson. The theory in the course is presented by the trainer using games, activities, and strategies that you will then be able to use in your own teaching, allowing you to build your portfolio of activities and teaching tools from day one. Your observed teacher pracs will start from week two when you’ll be able to apply these techniques yourself.
• We have a low student-to-instructor ratio on our TEFL/TESOL course in Siem Reap, which ensures that students get quality attention. This means that you will always have someone to assist with lesson planning or to give you extra attention in any areas you may need assistance.
• Choose Siem Reap as your TEFL course destination for its rich culture and proximity to the world heritage site of Angkor Wat Temple Complex.
• Our Cambodia TEFL course package includes many extras, including airport collection, personal assistance with your CV/resumé, stationery and supplies, a cultural tour, Khmer lessons, and more.
• We are genuinely interested in our students and don’t view them as just numbers. We stay in touch with students after each course, whether they stay in Cambodia or move on to other countries. and get regular updates on their teaching careers and travels. Many of our jobs leads come from past students for this reason.
You will receive your certificate on the last day of the course, along with a detailed report to show prospective employers. Those who obtain a distinction will receive a letter of recommendation. Most placements in Cambodia will be in or near Phnom Penh.
Guaranteed Job Placement Assistance in Cambodia
Completing your TEFL Qualification
- 4-week in-class TEFL training
- In-country support
- Visa assistance
- Orientation and culture immersion
- Experience in real schools
- Culture tour
- Placement within our network of schools
- 18 days PAID leave plus all public holidays per year
- Native English Speaker (NES) or sounding (CLEAR ENGLISH ACCENT)
- NO DEGREE NEEDED to teach in Cambodia
- No previous experience is needed
- Passports – SA, UK, US, ROI, AUS, NZ, CA, NA
Don’t want to travel alone? Couples and friends can apply together but don’t let this stand in your way. Solo travelling is REAL. You’ll immediately be part of an already-established ESL teacher community.
*Must be fully vaccinated as required by the Ministry of Education in Cambodia
2024 Course Dates:
08 January 2024 - 01 February 2024
05 February 2024 - 29 February 2024
04 March 2024 - 28 March 2024
15 April 2024 - 09 May 2024
13 May 2024 - 06 June 2024
10 June 2024 - 04 July 2024
29 July 2024 - 22 August 2024
26 August 2024 - 19 September 2024
30 September 2024 - 24 October 2024
28 October 2024 - 21 November 2024
25 November 2024 - 19 December 2024
The VOA will be valid for 30 days. The team on the ground will assist you with your visa extensions:
30-day Tourist visa extension: US$55.00
6-month Seeking Employment visa: US$170.00
Once you have signed a contract with your school, your employer will issue with all the correct documentation to apply for a 12 month visa and work permit. If you ‘ve entered Cambodia on a tourist visa, you will need to do a simple visa-run to any neighbouring country.
US$1,145.00 (approx. ZAR21,500.00 - ROE dependent)
ZAR5,410.00 (up to 29 years of age)
ZAR7,050.00 – Other African passport holders (up to 69)
approx. ZAR15,000.00 - speak with your OVC crew member to get an accurate quote
Recommended Spending Money
We highly recommend you take approx. US$2 000+ in spending money. This will be enough to cover your initial expenses:
- Accommodation during your TEFL course (From US$350.00 excluding electricity)
- Rent Deposit for your long-term stay
- 1st month’s rent
- Living expenses for the first 2 months
A quick look at all the costs involved for budget purposes
1. Application and 1st payment R9,500.00
2. Final course fees – R21,500.00 (ROE dependent)
3. Flights – R15,000.00
4. Travel Insurance – R5,410.00 ** COMPULSORY**
ESTIMATED TOTAL: R47,500.00
**Suggested spending money – R39,000.00 (this is your money and only used for your own personal expenses)
You might also be interested in the TEFL programmes in Bali or Thailand
We also offer an option for you to complete your programme in any of the locations and get placement assistance in Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam or Indonesia.
Teaching jobs in Thailand are becoming a great opportunity for those who want to stay in Thailand for a longer period, for those who want to learn and experience the Thai way of life by teaching in Thai schools across the country. They can also use this opportunity to save up some money and travel around on their vacations.
Status : Program Open
- Age 20 to 55 years
Positions all year round
You will be able to enter Cambodia with a Visa on Arrival (VOA). You can request either a tourist visa (US$30) or a business visa (US$35).