Status : Program Open
Embassy : Open
Vaccination Required : No
PCR Required to Enter : No
Explore one of the richest cultures and most beautiful scenery anywhere in the world. Japan has an ancient culture full of beautiful traditions and art, amazing food, and advanced technologies, offering teachers a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in a one-of-a-kind country.
Teachers are placed throughout Japan and work in language centres, private and public school placements. You will be able to take advantage of many public holidays and some vacation leave to travel the country and region, using every free moment at your disposal to have innumerable adventures.
Teaching English abroad is an excellent alternative to the traditional post-graduate employment path. It also serves as a unique opportunity to make a different in the lives of others while experiencing the rich culture of the East.
Teaching in Japan is a change of a lifetime to explore one of the richest cultures and enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere in the world. Japan has an ancient culture full of beautiful traditions and art, amazing good, and advanced technologies, offering teachers a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in a one-of-a-kind country!
Highlights and Benefits:
- Earn US$ 1,650 to 2,250 per month.
- Flexible placement start dates throughout the year
- Live the real-Japan experience! Placements are available in schools or language centres that have branches across the country.
- 12-month renewable contracts.
- Paid vacation.
- Working visa support!
- Incredible orientation weekends in-country. Meet your fellow teachers while immersing yourself in the rich culture of Japan!
- Lifetime Placement Guarantee
- Background check on school
- Extensive Pre and Post-Placement Support
Top Placement Areas:
1. Private 20%
2. Public 80%
3. Single School placement
4. Multiple School placement
Many of the issues and challenges that one faces when teaching in a foreign country are rooted in cultural differences and language barriers. Gaining a thorough understanding of language, history and culture is imperative to making a success of teaching in Japan. preparing to teach abroad with this mindset results in a smoother cultural integration, making the experience more enjoyable and enlightening.
Our cultural immersion orientation weekends delve into the heart of Japanese culture and values through in-class instruction/lectures, and active-learning cultural excursions to various sites of cultural and historical significance. We also provide an in-depth 40hr online cultural orientation course, providing language lessons, and culture modules to build a strong foundation prior to arrival.
Examples of Excursions:
- Japanese Cooking Class
- Trip to Nagoya Castle
- Walking Tour of Nagoya
- Trip to Tokugawa Art Museum
- Aged 21and 40. Applicants younger and older will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Any Bachelor’s Degree from a South Africa Institute
- 120 Hour TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate
- Minimum of 12 month commitment
- Native English speakers
- Good Mental and Physical Health
- No criminal history
- Drivers license for public schools
- South Africa, Namibian and other case by case for other foreign passports
(US, Canada, NZ, Australian, Irish or British accepted too)
Placements start any time of year for private language centres.
Public schools have two major start times of the year: March and September.
Visa Support by our partners in Asia to obtain a work visa to live and work for a year in Japan
You will be provided with a comprehensive visa checklist. Items such as your Bachelor’s degree, Transcripts, Police check, Health form, TEFL/TESOL Certificate, References, Employment contract to name a few
|Other fees||Please see More Info below|
|Visa fees||See More Info|
|Travel Insurance||1 Month Policy for Arrival in Japan R1795 - Up to 29 Years R1900 - Over 29 Years Included for FREE by school once in country|
|Airfare (approx)||R8000 - R15 000 Approx|
|Recommended Spending Money||US$2500 - US$4000|
Average of 4 - 6 months from the initial application until arrival in Japan
Contact OVC today to begin the process. You will need to meet the requirements listed in the eligibility section. OVC will give a full checklist of documents to gather to begin the placement process.
Working hand in hand with our partners in Asia you will be placed, attend an online and in country arrival orientation and move smoothly onto your placement to begin your Asian adventure!
Additional costs for Documentation Budget:
- Degree notarized, apostilled
- Visa - USD$50-80
- SAPS Clearance - R160
- Bank Acc Setup - No charge
- Medication Shots/Vaccination - USD$0-500
- Refundable House deposit - USD$150
*No shots are 100% compulsory. Consult your doctor for shots
**If requesting own room during course/orientation, and personal room is available, costs is an additional $500