ADVANCED PACKAGE UPGRADE
Do you hold a degree and a TEFL qualification and do not know where to apply after getting your TEFL certificate? This is the package for you!! There is a lot that needs to happen between getting TEFL certified and getting your first online teaching job.
The Advanced package UPGRADE will give you the resource and tools you need to create your own ESL resume, get practical online teaching experience, apply to school that will accept you with or without a degree and show you where to set up freelance profiles if you prefer to work for yourself.
With this option, you will receive the 20-hour online teaching practicum plus the benefits of the Advance package less the TEFL course.
- 20-hour online teaching practicum
- Practicum Coach
- Membership to our teacher’s resource centre
- Mentorship and interview with iTutorGroup* (Must have degree)
Our 20-hour online teaching practicum component provides EFL teachers with a highly scaffolded practical learning experience. During the practicum, you will:
- Observe 6 EFL teachers in both classroom and online settings using a specially designed observation form
- Reflect on these observations, emphasizing the skill/tools/characteristics you would like to develop in your own teaching practice
- personally, meet with your practicum coach to plan your first online lesson
- Teach a total of ten 30-minute lessons to a mix of ages and levels
- Reflect on each teaching experience, allowing for continuous improvement
- Receive professional feedback from your practicum coach who will view a comment on one of the lessons
- Develop a personal learning program going forward
The practicum component is your entry point into the exciting TEFL profession and will provide you with the confidence and experience you need to confidently begin your TEFL career
On top of these extra’s we will include a job application kit that includes free lesson plans, access our teacher’s resource centre, CV/Resume template + tips, job application links for degree holders and those with no degree we have all the freelance application links.
We have partnered with iTutorGroup to offer you a guaranteed first interview with them to become on of their online English teachers! You will be assigned a personal consultant who will prepare you for the interview and support you throughout the process. You will also get access to a private Facebook group with resources, videos, and weekly trainings as well.
The hiring process is online with 15-minute interviews with your consultant, onboarding and then start. To be eligible to work for iTutorGroup, you must meet the following requirements:
- hold a bachelor’s degree or higher
- have complete the TEFL course
- able to commit to 5 peal hours a week
- access to a computer with a reliable interview