ADVANCED TEFL TEACHERS PACKAGE
This package includes the Advanced 140-hour Online TEFL course with the teaching practicum combined with the Online Teachers PATH course and the ‘How to create your own Resume’ course. It is designed to give you both the certification to teach English online but also the experience teaching real ESL (English as a Second Language) students. This course will show you how to create your ESL resume, cover letter and prepare your introduction video so you can apply for jobs with online schools. You’ll also learn how to set up freelance and LinkedIn teacher profiles to be able to get your own students online, This course is not only useful in setting yourself up as an online English teacher but you can use the skills you’ve learned to so the same for other aspiring online teachers and generate a second source of income online.
• 120-hour Standard OVC online TEFL course
• 20-hour online teaching practicum
• Accredited 140-hour TEFL/TESL certificate
• 3 Bonus modules
- Teach English Online Module
- Teach Young Learners Module
- Teach Business English Module
• Tutor support
• Practicum Coach
• Online Teachers PATH course (see below for more info)
• ‘How to create your own Resume’ course
• 12 months online course access
• Exclusive access to our Facebook teachers support group
• Membership to our teacher’s resource centre
• Mentorship and interview with iTutorGroup* (Must have degree)
You will be assigned a tutor for your 120-hour theoretical course and a coach for your 20-hour practicum. Our 20-hour online teaching practicum component provides ESL teachers with a highly scaffolded practical learning experience. During the practicum, you will:
• Observe 6 EFL teachers in both classroom and online settings using a specially designed observation form
• Reflect on these observations, emphasizing the skill/tools/characteristics you would like to develop in your own teaching practice
• personally, meet with your practicum coach to plan your first online lesson
• Teach a total of ten 30-minute lessons to a mix of ages and levels
• Reflect on each teaching experience, allowing for continuous improvement
• Receive professional feedback from your practicum coach who will view a comment on one of the lessons
• Develop a personal learning program going forward
The practicum component is your entry point into the exciting TEFL profession and will provide you with the confidence and experience you need to confidently begin your TEFL career
*The Online Teacher PATH course*
This add on program will help you bridge the gap between what you learnt in your TEFL/TESOL course to getting a job, getting students, and keeping your students. Your TEFL/TESOL course is the certification you need to teach English online, and it provides you with the foundations of being a great English language teacher.
The PATH program helps you on the rest of the journey, so you can find the teaching niche and platform which suits you, acquire your dream job and become a successful ESL teacher.
Who is this program for?
Anyone who wants to teach English as a Second/Foreign Language online!
This PATH is designed for teachers who want to become a contract teacher, or a freelance tutor on one of the many language learning platforms out there, including VIPKid, Magic Ears, DaDa, Cambly, Preply, TutorMe, iTalki, Verbling etc.
What does PATH stand for?
We believe there are four logical steps that need to be followed so that as an Online Teacher you can get a job that suits your requirements, you can book lots of slots and that you are confident in being an online ESL teacher. They are:
Before you even start applying for jobs there are things you need to consider, questions you need to ask yourself and you must choose the right niche for you. This module will help you to prepare to apply for the job you want.
Even though you are no doubt a great candidate to teach English, with a passion for helping others and very excited to get started, you have to prove yourself to the language learning platforms or schools you will be applying to. This module will help you create a professional and targeted application package that makes you stand out from the crowd. And we give you the hard truth about your current resume and why it will make you miss out on jobs.
While your TEFL/TESOL course taught you about lesson plans and how to write them, and maybe even gave you some practical advice or experience about teaching English online, this module steps it up a notch. In these lessons you will learn how to turn your workspace into an online classroom, where to find lesson plans to make planning easier for you and common mistakes all teachers make and how you can avoid them.
To be a consistently great teacher and keep on booking more students and perhaps even raising your hourly rate you will need to build good habits. In this module you will discover over 30 tips that will ensure you are better than your competitors, learn how to create an engaging video introduction and bio for prospective students, and how to use LinkedIn and Facebook to attract more students.
We are confident that at the end of the PATH Program you will be more than comfortable applying for jobs and teaching in the niche of your choice.
With the Add-on PATH course, you will get:
• The ‘How to Create an ESL Resume‘ course, PLUS you’ll learn how to:
• Choose your teaching niche(s)
• Choose the language learning platform(s) you want to work on
• Create a professional ESL-focused cover letter
• Create an Introduction Video for recruiters and students
• Ace your job interview with commonly asked questions and how best to answer them
• Setup your online classroom
• Find what to teach
• Avoid common mistakes that teachers make
• The knowledge on how to choose your niche and teaching platform
• Get high paying students
• Find what to teach
• Setting up your online classroom
• Creating your cover letter and introduction video and marketing strategies on Facebook and LinkedIn
Includes 30+ templates and examples, recommended tools and resources, plus 30+ top tips to be better than the rest.
The ‘How to create an ESL Resume course’ includes:
• Create your own professional resume that will be focused towards the ESL industry
• Understand what details you should include, and what irrelevant details you should leave out of your resume
• Choose from 3 different styles of resume templates which are optimised for ESL recruiters
• 5 real-life editable examples
• Use power words and ESL keywords so your resume doesn’t get rejected by automated Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and actually gets into the hands of a real human!
• PC/Laptop/Tablet/Mobile Device
• Internet Access
• TESOL/TEFL Recommended
• This course is for total beginners. No experience is necessary.
• 3 Easy to Follow Video Lessons
• 3 ESL-focused Resume Templates
• 5 Real-life Resume Examples
• 17 Easy to Follow Video Lessons
• 30+ Templates and Examples
• List of Schools and Recruiters
• 1000 keywords and terms
• Full Lifetime Access
• Smart Phone/Tablet Responsive
• See Materials section for all inclusions
Standard TEFL course content
• Module 1 – How to be a good teacher
• Module 2 – How to manage a classroom
• Module 3 – How to plan lessons
• Module 4 – A brief history of English
• Module 5 – Teaching reading, writing, listening, and speaking
• Module 6 – How to teach grammar
• Module 7 – Teaching a new language
• Module 8 – Evaluating and testing
• Module 9 – How to deal with problems in the classroom
• Module 10 – Teaching young learners
• Module 11 – Teaching online
• Module 12 – Teaching business English
• Final exam and assignments
Online Teachers PATH course content
• Module 1: [P]reparing
• Preparing Yourself for the Industry
• Questions You Need to Ask Yourself!
• Choosing Your Niche(s)
• Choosing Your Teaching Platform(s)
• Module 2: [A]pplying
• Applying for the Position
• How to Create Your ESL Resume3 Topics
• How to Create Your Cover Letter
• How to Create Your Introduction Video
• How to Ace Your ESL Job Interview
• Module 3: [T]eaching
• Teaching Your Students
• Your Online Classroom3 Topics
• Lesson Plans - How to Find What to Teach
• Common Mistakes Teachers Make
• Module 4: [H]abit-Building
• Habit-Building for Success
• Introduction Video and Bio (for students)
• How to Use Facebook to Attract More Students
• How to Use LinkedIn to Attract More Students2 Topics4
• Top Tips to be Better than the Rest
We have partnered with iTutorGroup to offer you a guaranteed first interview with them to become on of their online English teachers! You will be assigned a personal consultant who will prepare you for the interview and support you throughout the process. You will also get access to a private Facebook group with resources, videos, and weekly trainings as well.
The hiring process is online with 15-minute interviews with your consultant, onboarding and then start. To be eligible to work for iTutorGroup, you must meet the following requirements:
• hold a bachelor’s degree or higher
• have complete the TEFL course
• able to commit to 5 peal hours a week
• access to a computer with a reliable interview