STANDARD OVC TEFL COURSE
A TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course is your gateway to an exciting and fulfilling career, whether your goal is to travel to exciting destinations or to work from home. With English fast becoming the ‘global language’, trained TEFL teachers are in high demand, in primary and secondary schools, colleges, universities and private language schools throughout the world.
Our Standard Online TEFL course is the perfect starting point for your English teaching career. It has been designed for people with little to no prior teaching experience, or experienced classroom teachers without a TEFL/TESOL certification. Whether you want to teach online or abroad, your certification will be recognised and accepted worldwide.
During the course you will learn how to teach grammar, reading, writing, and listening to speakers of other languages. You will also learn about classroom management, how to create lesson plans, and much more. The 120-hour curriculum is the international standard for teaching English and all our courses come with tutor support. This course provides you with the skills and qualification needed to start your new career as an English teacher.
This is a self-paced course that includes reading, videos, review questions and practice quizzes as you go along. After studying all the material, you will complete a final assessment unit, which includes a four-part written assignment and a multiple-choice exam. A score of 70 on both parts will qualify you for your TEFL certificate. The assessment unit can be taken only once, so be sure to prepare thoroughly. Upon successful completion you will receive a soft copy of your credentials which include your official certificate and an accompanying letter outlining the content of this course.
- A 120-hour Standard Online TEFL course
- Accredited 120-hour TEFL/TESL certificate
- 3 Bonus modules
- Teach English Online Module
- Teach Young Learners Module
- Teach Business English Module
- Tutor support
- 6 months online course access
- Exclusive access to our Facebook teachers support group
- Membership to our Teachers Resource Centre
Standard TEFL Course Content:
- Module 1 – How to be a good teacher
- Module 2 – How to manage a classroom
- Module 3 – How to plan lessons
- Module 4 – A brief history of English
- Module 5 – Teaching reading, writing, listening, and speaking
- Module 6 – How to teach grammar
- Module 7 – Teaching a new language
- Module 8 – Evaluating and testing
- Module 9 – How to deal with problems in the classroom
- Module 10 – Teaching young learners
- Module 11 – Teaching online
- Module 12 – Teaching business English
- Final exam and assignments